Thursday, September 10, 2015

Shroud of blackness

I'm standing in the middle of my house
Our house
Staring into the darkness of my mind
Staring into a shroud of blackness
Staring into my lost memories
Not believing
It must be a nightmare
Please, tell me it's a nightmare
Emptiness surrounds my being
Dogs nudge me to awaken me
From this lost-ness, from this darkness
I immerge briefly to see the light of day
I look around and it's empty out there too
Sadness reigns my spirit
Shock breaks my soul
Death, worked into everyday conversation
Stated on forms, predicting life terms
The real meaning of death is emptiness
A vacancy of intelligence, spirit, sparkle
A vacancy of a warm embrace
A vacancy of smooth, soft kisses
A vacancy of support
A vacancy of my soul mate
Gone to the earth, stars, and moon



No comments:

Post a Comment