Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Complications of life

Life is a complication
Death is a complication
Many disasters could happen
Will happen
Have happened.
Death is a complication of life

The dead are extinguished
They accept or deny their death
The grander scheme takes it
No choice
Through pain or lack of knowledge
The end comes no matter what

Complication of bureaucracy
Complication of Moods
Complication of double duty
Complication of clothes
All a complication for the living

Not for the dead! Ha-ha!

The living, however,
Deal with the complication
Complication of choice
Have to choose
Hang on to memory
Pet and caress the abyss in their soul
Or
Realize that that’s the way of life
Ha- ah!
Realize that I’m still alive!
I can still breathe,
I can still smell,
I can still feel,
I can still taste,
I can still see
See that this is a beautiful world
Rejoice in the little desert weed flowers
Rejoice in the springtime bird song
Rejoice that I’m still here.
Because remember,
Sometimes what you do determines your death

In life, there are choices
In death, there is no choice

Who knew that death would be such a complication

2 comments:

  1. Love this, and the Magical Leapness poem also - the pulsing of them resonates! And in this one the "ha-ha" followed by the "ha-ah" is subtle power inspiring me to look for the "ah" in my many complications. THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jazz! Your comments make me smile.

    ReplyDelete