Friday, February 26, 2016

Graceful anticipation

I believe
That Grace is what I want to achieve
Is there such a thing?
Graceful grieving?
Graceful movements
Graceful comments
Graceful sorrow?

The doctor ordered pills
In hopes it would distill
The emptiness spilling out from within
Sadness, is it a sin?
Down a spiraling medicated vortex
Seeing the reality in this mortal nonsense
Creates emotional chasms

I took charge of my life
To end this strife
I removed this cloud of chemical protection
Introspection without consultation
For the colors to be bright
To feel the light
I must first conquer the dark

“Life is good,” I say aloud
My senses now aroused
There was no need for fear
Strength within me was always here
On my own, I stand and grow
As I feel my energy flow
Music and travel is the remedy.

My voice rises over others as I sing
Life is good echoes off walls with a ring
New friends, new conversations
My character no longer on probation
Sight is now clear
Sunlight comes through the tear
As I sit here with a smile and giggle

My calendar fills with anticipation
My emotions laying down a strong foundation
Fills with dreams
To-do lists begin to burst at the seams
My life has always been giggles and smiles
As now I begin to count the miles

Music, Adventures, Travels, Graceful Anticipation

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully said. You are a strong and full of life woman. As Robert Earl Keene sings "The road goes on forever and the party never ends".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words to live by. Ummm, "age by". May I have a helping of Grace, please? The kind that's full of giggles!

    Love "introspection without consultation"
    and "My character no longer on probation"

    Jazz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jazz, I think that it is amazing how words reside in my fingertips. Sit down, contemplate the the fingers tell their story while I merely sit back and watch and offer suggestions.

    ReplyDelete